We could tell you who we are and what we do, but we would rather have others do that for us.
"Passionate, Innovative and Daring !" - Gaius Chow, Singapore
"Renova is: Resplendent, Exciting, Novel, Opulent, Vivacious, Awesome!" - Andrew Menzies, United Kingdom
"The colored Renova toilet paper is absolutely iconic and a great eye-catcher." - Dieter Marxer, Switzerland
"We see Renova as a motivated team of sensitive people that are making a gigantic difference in the home decor world."
Pam Haughey, Australia
"Renova is my favorite place to shop! I have received both of my orders very quickly and I appreciate your product, personnel, and service!!!"
Roberta Hans, Texas, USA
Renova is an European brand of high quality and innovative products. Available in more than 60 countries worldwide, it offers colourful designs and new functional solutions through stylish and environmentally happy products.
The origins of the Renova brand date back to the second decade of the 19th century, existing records dating back to 1818 of the use of Renova watermark on paper manufactured in the location where Renova still maintains its headquarters today. 200 years later, the 100% Portuguese company is present in more than 70 countries, distributed in five continents. In 2021, it has about 620 direct employees, supporting two industrial units and a logistics center in Portugal - Torres Novas, and a third production unit in Saint-Yorre, France.
Renova's first years of activity were dedicated to the manufacture and sale of writing, printing and packaging paper, beginning then, in the late 1950s, a pioneering and very innovative path in the development of tissue paper products for domestic and sanitary use. Renova founded this market in Portugal, and remains the leading brand. The strong innovative matrix, organizational agility and the ability to anticipate trends, has enabled Renova to continuously present new solutions to meet the needs and expectations of citizens.
A milestone in the history of the Renova was the launch of Renova Black, the first black toilet paper in the world, reaching the status of an iconographic product, breaking the dogma of “unthinkable” products. Innovation is the brand differentiation strategy, allowing it to continue to perform a mission of first mover. Renova's strong product innovation is always combined with a disruptive communication and the development of irreverent advertising campaigns or artistic commissions grounded on Renova’s values.
In the beginning of the millennium, Renova launched the first range of paper products certified with the European Union Ecolabel. Renovagreen are products manufactured with 100% recycled paper, emphasizing a solid strategy regarding the environment.
More recently, the brand launched a range of products with paper packaging, biodegradable and recyclable, replacing plastic, in response to a growing expectation of citizens around the world.
Renova recently consolidated an investment plan for the construction in Torres Novas of a new tissue paper manufacturing unit. Renova's No. 7 Paper machine was a technologically innovative and pioneering project across Europe, allowing it to increase its papermaking capacity by 50%.
The success of an exporting company is much more complex than showing temporary results, as it depends on a set of long-term sustainability factors, including the consistency of its philosophy and organizational values, the strength of its strategy and the efficiency of processes, as well as the strength of investment and market knowledge.
The brand remains aware to the society in which it operates, and will always try to turn ideas into solutions to surprise its fans and customers and at the same time create real business and value opportunities. The work developed by the different departments of Renova is the foundation and essence of the development of the brand that tries to surprise the market, leveraging the credibility and notoriety of an increasingly global brand.
“Devastation of our natural environment, with destruction not only of our surroundings but also of man’s reverential awe for the beauty and greatness of a creation superior to him”
Renova’s eco-policy, made public in June 1993, reflects our organisation’s desire to protect the Global Environment.
Trough all its activities, Renova is set to try its utmost:
1. Protect the ecosystem and use energy and all natural resources in a careful and rational way.
2. Promote new technological developments and applications with minimal environmental impact.
3. Develop an environmental protection awareness in all Renova members.
4. Establish a strong interaction with citizens and the community.
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.
Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognise that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible."
V. Frankl, Man's search for meaning
We have a passion:
Creating the best solutions for citizens' well-being
1. We believe in Renova.
2. We want to build a better world.
3. We trust in the future.
4. We trust our people and we are grateful to the people who have preceded us.
5. We are proud of products we manufacture in strict compliance with the standards.
6. We create solutions that harmonise our relationship with citizens in a constantly changing world.
7. We dare to challenge what is taken for granted while loyal to our goals.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION POLICY
Renova believes that developing is:
1. Perceive the desires of citizens and find a unique way to interact with them.
2. Create new products, in their nature, in their aesthetic form, and function, so that Renova brand contributes to the citizens' wellbeing.
3. Find the exact measure of the desires of those for whom our products are intended, through innovative development and deep knowledge of the value chain: from waste and raw materials to the store. To make sure that every RENOVA product, no matter how simple it may seem, is a passionate solution to this equation.
4. Ensure that the human community that constitutes RENOVA shares the passion for seeking the best opportunities in a world of continuous change. Each and every one of us, by understanding what is being discovered in Science, Technology, and Society, will contribute to making the dream of a better planet, and a more culturally diverse Renova."
5. Interact with external networks of scientists, artists, and other creators, discoverers, and innovators, in order to improve our internal capacity to learn, know, and act. To humbly learn from all those around us and with whom we interact."
SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
“Man fulfils himself by using his intelligence and freedom. (…) by means of his work, man commits himself, not only for his own sake but also for others and with others. (…) moreover, he collaborates in the work of his fellow employees, as well as in the work of suppliers and in the customers’ use of goods, in a progressively expanding chain of solidarity.”
S.S. John Paul II in "centesimus annus"
Renova puts its best efforts in all its activities to:
1. Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all its members and visitors, promoting clean, physically organized, and safe workplaces free of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco.
2. Design, maintain, and operate its facilities with absolute respect for the protection of human beings, the environment, and its material resources, complying with all safety and health legislation and other applicable requirements.
3. Promote rigorous evaluation of the risk levels of its activities in an atmosphere of open and sincere communication, where people feel comfortable and respected.
4. Eliminate any procedures that may result in individual or collective hazards, providing and requiring the use of protective equipment and always insisting on safe and responsible work execution.
5. Contribute to the promotion and human progress, in a culture that encourages development and a healthy balance between professional and personal life, encouraging socially responsible attitudes of its members.
6. Encourage the search and development of new methods and solutions in the permanent pursuit of a safe and healthy work environment, where everyone has the opportunity to achieve professionally and contribute to a better Renova.
ETHICS AND AESTHETIC
We want to build a better world.
This construction involves the humans who work with us, directly or indirectly, through their work, actions, and the way they are chosen and treated.
Much more than announcing and complying with legislation, preventing any form of forced labour, child or young labour, we aim to promote our own culture, the "Renova Culture", whose territory centers on a search for harmony.
The goal of building harmony in our common life translates to a revolution in the relationship between people.
We intend to start not from "me" to "you," but from "you" to "me," in a relational revolution where respect and recognition for the other is the essential factor.
We intend to celebrate, every day, what is "positive" in the universe in which we live and which surrounds us. Celebrating means collectively announcing what is positive, personalizing the facts whenever possible. Celebrating "me" with "you." Seeing the positive, the beauty, the good. Building harmony between life and the freedom of choice of each individual, exercised in their actions or omissions.
We intend to live in a culture where we value every exercise of this freedom in an ethics that is lived and witnessed daily.
In this harmony, we aim for much more than non-discrimination; we aim to naturally integrate any group or member who does not identify with the so-called "social majorities," based on gender, race, age, religion, orientation, ideals, physical appearance, language, origin, education, or nationality. We do not tolerate any form of harassment (sexual or moral).
We are committed to conduct business and relationships with integrity and transparency, and we do not tolerate any form of corruption or bribery.